Thursday, December 03, 2009

2086 Futurelympic Games Sketch



I've been thinking that it would be really fun to design some imaginary pictograms for the 2086 Futurelympics- like Otl Aicher's legendary designs for the 1972 Munich Games, and Nikolai Belkow's smoother updates for the 1980 Olympics in Moscow- so I'm gonna give it a try! You might even be able to tell what sports I had in mind with these cruddy sketches, if you squint really hard.

Can you think of any sci-fi movie sports that need to be represented or made up for the occasion? I definitely think Mecha-Basketball is in order. All the action and excitement of the NBA, mixed with the total radness of Robot Jox.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There's Pyramid from Battlestar Galactica, and Rollerball, but I would hope that the the future olympics would incorporate a Death Race as well.

Either way, this is an excellent idea that I wish I had come up with first.

Unknown said...

You gotta go with "Jugging" or "The Game" from my favorite post-apocalypse movie of all time, The Blood of Heroes.