Thursday, February 02, 2006

Quark



In honor of me drawing this terrible likeness of Richard Benjamin's Adam Quark, I present a real treat to anybody lucky enough to be stopping by. Some very generous nerd-type is offering the entire 8-episode run of Buck Henry's sci-fi spoof series for download. Buck is the guy who co-created the American television classic "Get Smart" with Mel Brooks, and has been featured in god-knows-how-many of those SNL retrospectives.

http://www.quark.name/

I say go for it, especially if you've never seen the show. And let me know what you think of it, too.

7 comments:

SACKS said...

I LOVE IT! Great use of strokes. Did you use a sumi brush, or is it digital. Looks dead on to me. The rounded exadurated features are very cool.

Darryl Young said...

I remember watching the show as a kid ... and liking it ;)

Thanks for bringing back the memories. Great likeness of our space hero, ....love those juicy lines!

-D

spacesick said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
spacesick said...

Hey, thanks for the vote of confidence, guys!

sacks - Yeah, it's all digital; inking is an art I've yet to master.

darryl - Good to see that somebody else liked the show. See you at Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con!

ROENTGEN said...

luuuuurrrrv it! "Kinda-60s-Style" rules! What tools do you use? I tried something like this about one year ago (doing me and me men in 60s illu) - but of course it's not as fab as yours :-)

Cheers!

Riley said...

I thought I was the only person tuning in to Quark! Jeese...you all are sick.

spacesick said...

riley - I'll take my nerd-fix where I can get it.

bubbly - thanks! It's actually just done with the brush tool in Illustrator. I'm going to get some brush pens next time I hit up the art store, though. It's time I see if I'm man enough to handle the real thing.

Yay innuendo!