Monday, November 09, 2009

Sometimes you feel like a nut! Sometimes you don't.



Almond Joy's got nuts, see, and Mounds doesn't. I tried my hand at a fun last minute candy-themed piece for an Uppercase Magazine call my friend Kate told me about, and it's makin me HUNGRY for coconut.

I'm an Almond Joy man, in case you were wondering. In fact, I think anybody who would actually prefer a plain old Mounds is nuts.



And the text is the awesome Ed Interlock from House Industries, which I modified a bit for my logos. I'm not crazy talented enough to dream up something so beautiful on my own (yet). The characters I fudged around, for better or worse:

1 comment:

Matty Mechanism said...

Very cool! Someone I work with has one of House's older out-of-print books. Both their typography and illustrations are AMAZING!